http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Friday, February 18, 2011

Lost Adrift





This is my first Shakespearean sonnet. I have learned why so many fear them. They are difficult and a challenge to write. There are many styles of sonnets and I chose the Shakespearean to begin my endeavors with this form. rules: 14 lines, 10 syllables each, iambic meter, and a rhyming scheme off abab, cdcd, efef, gg.

POSTED FOR ONE SHOT WEDNESDAY WEEK 34 AT ONE STOP POETRY

COME CHECK IT OUT!

11 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautifully written, a powerful song of heartbreak and betrayal. Very romantic and tear-drenched. Well done!

Brian Miller said...

its a lovely sonnet...the line about the tone of death was a great turn of phrase...oh the feelings stirred...hmm...

Timoteo said...

You deserve praise for taking this on...I'm too undisciplined for that sort of thing!!!

Laura said...

bYou have courageously and beautifully met this challenge River. Well done.

hedgewitch said...

Sonnets are hard indeed, I've yet to write one I'm satisfied with. But you've done some really neat things with this one, ideas turned different ways and a very effective mournful cadence. Your hard work was worth the effort. Nicely done.

Claudia said...

smiles...good job river..i like the memories bleeding in a red motif..

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Dear River

Its very very beautiful... I enjoyed your Sonnet and I could see how difficult it is to bring it all together...
Your words ' She longs to hear his voice... passion feel indifferent' so powerful depiction of her yearning... I enjoyed it all.
Thanks for sharing...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-tanka-and-search-for-being.html
Connect with me at Twitter @VerseEveryDay

Bubba said...

Sad but beautiful. Nice One Shot, River.

signed...bkm said...

Sad indeed....and beautiful told..bkm

Kavita said...

(sigh).. when love is lost, it is well.. lost! :( The way we lost it simply doesn't matter.. be it death, betrayal, jealousy or boredom...
And then, all that's left is a memory sailing unguided on a perturbed ocean within the mind...

Loved your sonnet, River...
It's very beautifully written, my dear... sad, but lovely!
And kudos for your superb job on the sonnet!

River said...

Thank you everyone. I wrote one. I can't believe it. lol :)

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels