http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The vanishing ~ Duel Poetry



The vanishing

kneeling
in the sands
he waits
for
a drop of time
but found only
the dry bones
of yesterday
no future
no present
only
minute by
finished minute
of past moments
the bones
begin to cry
dry tears
empty of life
and true feelings
another masquerade
for god to see
or was it god
that took tomorrow
noticing people
don’t seem to care
about the future

by Charlie Martin & River Urke

This is the seventh poem Charlie/slpmartin and I have wrote together with Duel Poetry.  :) 

Duel Poetry a prearranged poetry writing challenge  between two people to evolve a new poem where each writer must respond to the other writer’s lines  (4 -5 ) until both parties agree that the poem is complete.

photo by Charlie Martin- "hourglass"

No comments:

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels