http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

“may we pray for you” ~ Duel Poetry


“may we pray for you”

a life
a mere
drop in the bucket
of time
but to me
she was life
my life
swallowed whole
by the industry
she bled for
now she floats
barren in the universe
a token
of corporate greed
“may we pray for you”

a life
a mere moment in time
he joined for life
the gang to live
now she
is the price
of membership
a one-way ticket
but could he?
he has to
or he dies
his mama dies
Why?
“may we pray for you”

by Charlie Martin & River Urke 



This is the sixth poem Charlie/slpmartin and I have wrote together with Duel Poetry.  :) 

Duel Poetry a prearranged poetry writing challenge  between two people to evolve a new poem where each writer must respond to the other writer’s lines  (4 -5 ) until both parties agree that the poem is complete.


1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Powerful writing. I especially liked the top stanza:)Great collaborating!

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels