http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crescent Moon

Echoes of a lone wolf’s cry
dance with silvery shadows
beneath the light of the moon.

A distant howl is carried
with the rising of the sun
answering his lonesome calls.
Along the changing horizon
with the eastern winds he runs,

to the dawn of a new day.
Eyes lock as lips meet halfway
exploring with soft, gentle caresses                 
the steps of their opening door.
Two wolves begin once more.


linked with dVerse~ Poets Pub Grand Opening

5 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the wolves and wolf-howls in this poem, and my antennae also pick up the possibility of romance as two wolves "begin once more". Hmmmmm?????? Hee hee.

Brian Miller said...

nice...perhaps those wolves are the start of a pack...the wolf howl is def an emotive sound...

hey great talking with you tonight too on skype! guess i can say i been to the river...smiles.

hedgewitch said...

Nice River. I like the ambiguity of the wolves, and the feel of freedom as well as seeking--"along the changing horizon/with the easter winds he runs..." wild and beautiful. Glad you linked up tonight.

signed...bkm said...

Oh nice one River...can totally relate..as the wolf is a friend at heart to me..and the woods of Minnesota..I really love this one - two wolves under a cresent moon....bkm

Louise said...

Lovely, romantic poem with a sense of freedom...running with the eastern winds. Enjoyed very much..

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels

My Blog List