http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ancient Voices


A scratchy whisper tingles
brushimg the lobe of her ear
echoing words of tomorrow
only meant for her to hear

fearing the voice, she yells
begging it to leave
entirely missing the message
she was to receive

never was she taught
meaning behind the voice
never told she was lucky
or that she had a choice

she walked an ancient path
alone, yet, well protected
learning in years to come
meanings of the unexpected.

            ©River 4/11

6 comments:

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Goosebumps. I've got goosebooks. We must be sister-twins!

~ that rebel, Olivia

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

superb.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem.
My first visit to your blog, I will stick around.

ayala said...

Lovely!

Hope said...

ooo,,,love it! great message beautifully expressed, River!

Timoteo said...

Nice. If I had the gift of hindsight, I'd use it to retroactively develop some foresight !

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels