http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Friday, May 6, 2011

There’s always a Point…



Sinking deeper into the center
of a swirling ball of warmth
 

rising hotter with every word
expanding and growing
 
burning with long tentacles
 

spreading through crevices
 
cracked by past storms
fueling the building energy

striking the point of boiling
the ball explodes at you.


Sinking deeper into the center
of a swirling ball of warmth 

rising hotter with every pulse
expanding and growing 
burning with long tentacles 

spreading through veins
a warmth of tingles 
fueling the building energy

striking the point of love
the ball wraps around you.











©  5/11

4 comments:

Angela said...

Great use of repetition, nice imagery, great pictures. I feel the warmth just reading it.

Luke Prater said...

hello River, I think this one has urned out very nicely. OI never commented on it on the board but did read it once or twice. I'm particularly liking your approach to structure recently.

Sorry so long getting back to ya

Luke x

Hope said...

i agree with Angela. I too felt the warmth and the intensity. Love the images!

take care!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Cool poem and images:)

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels