http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Saturday, April 2, 2011

B- Backwards Day





           Slowly
             he walks
              backwards
         up the Mountain,
             blinded to rocks
                             and dips
                        along the way.

   He strolls with a pace of notice
         glancing at the smallest
                             of difference.
    The new amongst the familiar
        the old nearly forgotten
                It had been too long
     since he had a backwards day.

4 comments:

Hope said...

ha! this is fun, River! enjoyed it!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love it! I should give that a try - except my near blindness, bum knee and walking stick would make it a tricky enterprise:)

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Hi River, clicking over from A to Z. What a Beautiful poem. I love the idea of walking backwards, doing something different and seeing the world through new eyes.

Maybe I'll have a backwards day tomorrow. :)

that rebel, Olivia

Patricia Stoltey said...

Novel idea. I think I'll give it a try...very carefully.

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels