http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Friday, April 29, 2011

Y ~ Your Eyes....



Your Eyes 

Have you looked in the mirror recently?
really, really looked
at the person reflected back?
beyond your laugh lines and crows feet
digging deeper than your thoughts
lying buried in your soul
is a beautiful you
waiting to be found
among layers of self doubt
shinning in your moments of silence .
Do you see it?
I see your beauty.
It is reflected in your eyes.

                                           
                                    ©River 4/11

3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is so beautiful, River. I love it.

Jannie Funster said...

Beautiful and so TRUE! Under it all we are all perfect the way we are, our souls shining.

Hope said...

a beautiful reminder, River!

must do that, everyday

thank you

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels