http://riversruminations.blogspot.com/ >

About Me

My photo
Minnesota, United States
As I walk along in life, my muses dance with reflection inspiring me to release the thoughts and emotions of my pondering mind through poetry.

Prompt Poetry & Promotion page for The River

*plus the archive of my older poetry

Monday, April 4, 2011

C- Camel Wides



fourteen and smoking
thinking  we were the coolest
puffing on Camels

hidding in alleys
sharing one between many
smelling like cigs.

  

living an image                                         
twisted of sales and money
societal lie.                                    
                                             .                            



     


4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh yes, teens are victims of the media for sure........well done, River!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Way back when, lighting up that first cigarette was a rite of passage. It took 20 years to correct my mistake. Excellent post.

Gregg Metcalf said...

I was 15 and it was a stolen Marlboro from my dad's pack. That first puff turned into three packs a day.

Thank God, August 1, 1978 I quit cold-turkey.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Hope said...

good one River! I remember my mom talking about her smoking camels.

p.s.
the award looks good on you!

Copyright ©-All material unless otherwise stated

Contact the author for permission for the usage/printing of all copyrighted material on these pages.


Labels

My Blog List